Sunday, July 21, 2013

Visiting Biscuit and Sarge

I went out to the barn everyday except Friday and Saturday.  Edgar is now feeding the horses and Biscuit is coming in when I go out there so no problems catching him.  Today I gave them handsful of grass and hugged them up. 

Kellie and I were going to ride today but it was raining this morning.  I am sure the park was soaking wet.  Dang...the woods are a choppy mess.  Barry and I went down to the beach this afternoon and it would have been great to ride out there today.  Nice cool breeze blowing and no mosquitoes.  I had Barry drive down to the end of the highway when we got back on the road.  I wanted to see what the washed out road looked like.  We could get around the barrier easily on horses and ride that stretch.  I would love to do that!  I told Barry it would be a great ride to go from that section of McFaddin Beach all the way down to High Island.  I think it is around 20 miles...In my dreams


The Tevis Cup was this weekend.  It is the Superbowl of Endurance Riding.  There were 3 riders from Texas!  Wow.  In my dreams I could ride in any endurance ride, much less the Tevis!  Unfortunately, there was a horse that had to be put down due to a fall that injured its neck.   The rider was ok but the horse had to be put down.  I felt so bad for both horse and rider.  The winning time was around 17 hours.  Can't even imagine that!!!  That is going a little less than 6 miles per hour but geez - that is pretty dang rough!!  The winning horse cantered in and looked like he was ready for more.  Congratulations to all the rider - to ride is to win.

No comments: