Tuesday, October 15, 2019

OUR FIRST RIDE

I am still coughing but we went riding this past Sunday.  I took Sister.  I picked Alivia up at Kellie's and walked over to see Elan.  He is looking brighter in the eyes.  She sold Thymeleigh to Robin Dodson so she was picking him up a little later.

We hauled to Tyrrell and met Paulette there.  I tacked up Biscuit in Barry's Billy Cook and put my Sharon Saare on Churro.  Biscuit didn't seem to care for that girth.  I walked him around a bit and then mounted up.  Harder to get in that saddle.

We started out and Biscuit was moving forward like a good boy.  We saw some roseate spoonbills in the bog and a dead hog in the water further down in the slough. 

When we turned to go down the bayou we got to the culvert and it was half washed out and had a tree grown up over the part that was there.  We will have to take stuff to clear that out and then go across but it is narrow.  They will need to fix it.  We turned around and went back.

Several times Biscuit took off at a trot and jog.  He is feeling so much better!

Temps were cool when we started but warmed up. 

All in all we had a great time.

No comments: