Saturday, February 7, 2015

January 25 ride

I finally was given the ok to ride my horse.  Kellie and I planned a ride on Saturday January 25.  I promised the doctor it would be a shorter ride.

I hauled Biscuit out to Tyrrell Park and used the Steele Saddle.  It still doesn't fit Biscuit and I could  still feel it on the back of my legs.  James and Beverly joined us for the ride and my horse was such a good boy.  No problems from not riding for 2 months and 3 days.  He was EXCELLENT.

We rode a little more than 5.5 miles.

Mike had came out to the barn and trimmed their feet - Biscuit now has 3/8" concavity when he used to be at 0.  Quite a bit of improvement.

I did go out and soak his feet and he did great.

The horses were moved aroud in January after  the explosion - they weren't happy campers.

I need to have surgery again so that was on February5th - 2 days ago.  I won't be able to ride for 6 weeks so by the time I can ride I will have been off for 4 months except for the little 5.5 mile ride.

Going to work on soaking feet and walking.  Biscuit has been doing great.  Love  my boy.

No comments: