Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Catching up on a year of not posting!!!

I am going to just hit the highlights of what went on the in the past year.  It was so much!

I did go to North Carolina for a month in late July - August to be there when Aurora Fae Smith was born.  I painted an old Hoosier Cabinet for her.  Christie, Kelsie and I found it at a shop in Groves.  Kelsie was pregnant with Daisy and said she'd LOVE it.  It was cute.  I painted it with a little purple Biscuit Unicorn on the side. :-)  I missed my dog and my horses like crazy.  Barry was making sure that Sarge got his DEX while I was gone and that he had his purple lick bucket.

I rode September 15, 2016 at Sam Houston State Forest with Tammy Simon and Cheri Reddick.  It is about as far as Ebenezer.  I did like the forest but I think I like Ebenezer better as they have a bathroom and shower house and water for the horses that is available.  But, I so understand why they ride there - it is only 20 miles from Cherie!  I'd ride there every week too!!  I did have severe back pain on the way there - my back started hurting in NC.  I went to the doctor to make sure I didn't have kidney stones again right after this.  Ugh.  My back hurt during the ride there and back but didn't hurt while I was riding.  Sister made that trip with me.  I went and had a massage and OMG that made it worse.  I got a pinched nerve that nearly dropped me to my knees.

I did ride with Kellie at Cattail Marsh on September.  It was super foggy when we got there but the fog finally lifted.  It was hot and humid as all get out!  We had a good time but we always do.  I had started on a diet in August and I could see I had already lost some weight!




At the end of September, Kellie, Randy, Beverly, James, Barry and I all drove to Yellowstone.  The pinched nerve had just started and was pretty severe when it hit.  When we got to Pueblo, Kellie called Dr. Osman and he said to take pain pills and a muscle relaxer.  I did that for several days and with all the walking, it finally let up.  We had a great time in Yellowstone.  Very very very long drive. 2 days of hard driving to get there.  The east side of Wyoming is a waste land of the same - mile after mile after mile.  Yellowstone itself is pure magic.  I want to go back.  I can't seem to get enough of Yellowstone.  We didn't ride this time though.  I did walk about 10 miles.  Got down and up to places I didn't last year.  It wasn't easy but I made it.  SLOW as Christmas but I made it.

We did go camping in October for a week.  We had a great time.  It started out with Biscuit giving me a fit over catching him.  Lee Ann Potter and I chased him with the Gater until he decided to join up with me and walk into the corral.  What a pill!!!  Geno was our horn...barking like crazy at Biscuit.  :-) Whatever it takes.

We headed up for Ebenezer to camp from Monday to Saturday.  I posted this on Face Book:

We spent 6 days at Ebenezer riding about 36 miles all together on 4 rides. Sarge did fantastic. Absolutely no wheezing or rasping. He was a little fireball wanting to GO GO GO. Ears forward if he was in front. Ears down and back if Biscuit got ahead of him. Lol he is so funny. Rode a trail I had never been on and went down one it had been a long time since we had been there. Sister was complimented several times on her good behavior. She had a blast. 

Sarge was a pleasure on this trip.  We did canter once and Sarge coughed a little (about 3 times) so we stopped.  He wasn't happy about that but listened to us all the same.  I did a whole bunch of tracking on my Garmin.  I totally enjoy that!  There are no good maps of Ebenezer side so I am making them.  

On October 25, I started a page on Face Book called Ebenezer Trail Maps.  I put maps I had made of the Ebenezer and Double Heart side on it.  It immediately had so many likes/shares!  It has 231 likes and has been shared so many times!  The last time I went to Ebenezer in late June, I made individual maps of individual trails.  I have shared the maps to the Waterfall and to the Beaver Pond.  Shared GPS coordinates.  I enjoy sharing my Garmin trails...it is so much fun for me.  It is at https://www.facebook.com/GarminTrails/ on Face Book.  Check it out.

Kellie and I rode on Oct 30 out at Cattail Marsh.  It was really foggy and we could hear the water dripping off of the trees.  Sister chased a hog.  I gave a little girl a pony ride when we got back to the parking lot.

On October 31, Sarge got into Halloween Mode and gave himself a WHOPPER of a black eye.  Scared the snot out of me.  I hauled him to the small animal clinic for Doc to look at.  Two medications later and about $140 later, I took him home.


This is what I posted on Face Book :

This is Sarge's Halloween mask. Wish it was just a mask! Doc Said he gave himself a black eye. Shot in the jugular, one under the eye plus meds put in the lid. Yep Sarge had a scary Halloween and my bill scared me.

Yeah...that was ugly.  Sarge wasn't too thrilled with the shots in the eye area but it helped so much!
Not to be outdone in the costume division was this


Biscuit the Camel...Looking for a treat with HorseLic all over his pretty little face!

In early November I went to NC to see Rori, Morgan and Stuart.  The election was on like Donkey Kong.  Morgan and I went to a Trump rally the night before the election.  Wow!  It was amazing.  I stayed up all night and watched the election.  What fun!!! Enjoyed my time getting to know my little granddaughter.

On November 13, I rode out in the back of Tyrrell Park with Kellie, and Lee Ann Brown.  After that I rode 1/2 through the woods with Jimmy Zinn and Melissa.  We encountered a dead hog up near the stables.  Jimmy said someone had shot it.  Sister investigated!





On November 18, 2016, Barry brought Sarge home to the house to visit.  He had the backyard to move around in.  :-). Rhys and Mazlynn went for rides.







We had a fabulous Thanksgiving out on our porch!  Beautiful decorations, gorgeous table setting and good food.  Beautiful memories.  Happy Thanksgiving!

On November 25, 2016, Kellie and I went riding in Tyrrell Park.  We went down the other side of Willow Bayou and came upon what Kellie initially thought was a yearling horse.  I said that is no horse that is a dang deer.  And it was a big deer!  Big wide antler spread.  We watched him for a quit a few minutes until he took off.  Wow!!!  Just WOW!





No comments: