Thursday, December 14, 2017

Knee Replacement Surgery

Barry and I were in a roll over accident on August 11.  I fractured my L5 with tiny little fractures all around.  Ugh...the pain was horrible when it would catch.  I couldn't put the foot down or move when it happened.  I didn't ride for 3 months - I started back with slow rides on November 5.  Biscuit cut his foot in the trailer so I had to haul him to the vet and he had stitches and stayed 3 days at the vet.

I had to have bone scans and bone density tests - which showed the fracture was due to trauma not bone weakness.  I scheduled surgery for Monday December 11 at Baptist.

I made a solo ride all around the back bog at Tyrrell Park Sunday.  It was a fun ride with Biscuit and Sister.

The surgery went well and I came home on Wednesday December 13th.  I had to walk and to some therapy at the hospital which went well.

Home health came to my home today and we did a little therapy and will continue.  I am able to walk and cooked my own lunch today.

I will blog about the journey to get back on my horse!!!  Hoping to be back on by mid-February.  Going out to see Biscuit either tomorrow or Saturday!!

No comments: