Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow in southeast Texas!

It snowed this afternoon.....heavy furries that were flying around.

Barry and I went out to the barn in a freezing, drizzling rain. I wanted to give the boys a bail of hay. Jaimie helped me load it into the Rav4 and I drove it down to the paddock. The boys were in their shelter. I pulled the hay out and here comes Red. I had my pink galoshes on so I pushed open the gate and they were anxious to eat the hay and Red was running around. Sarge was pretty anxious to get his hay and dug in while I was trying to get it to the shed.

I set it down and wasn't going to cut the strings so it would stay together. Sarge laid back his ears at Red and ran him off so I ran Sarge off and he bucked up and kicked. Red ran out the gate and Sarge followed and down the alleyway. LOL Barry got out of the RAV, I got some hay, and went after them. Red came toward me and then started trotting toward the RAV with Sarge right behind him. Barry was standing there and waved them into the paddock.

I came with the hay and they were nibbling out of my hands. Off they went to the shed and I backed up the RAV so I could see them in there. They were happily munching and Sarge had decided not to be such a bully.

They were drier than I expected and seemed to be ok. I am such a worry wart where my boys are concerned!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Sounds like the cold weather made them very frisky!! LOL!