Monday, December 28, 2009

Red is improving but still at the Vet's



I called the vet and he said Red was better and we discussed him coming home either today, tomorrow or Wednesday. We settled on Wednesday morning. He will be giving Red treatments.

Ms. Jean called and was all concerned about Red and gave me her cell number in case I ever needed it. Bless her heart. She is so sweet. She said Nebbie was trying to colic. Ugh. Colic bites.

I trotted out to the Vets and Susan was out there with Dulce and her other horse so we chatted. Red looked good but he is hungry! I hugged him up and petted him and took pictures.

I talked to the vet and he said that I got Red there in time so that he didn't have to do intravenous methods of treatment. The cost should be around $400-450. I can hang with that. I told Doc to check Red's teeth and if he needed them floated to float them Wednesday morning. I really like Doc Schneiter and will continue to use him. I like the other vet just fine and I know he is a good vet but I really do like Doc Schneiter. I like that his practice is on site to where he lives and if there is a major illness, he can watch my boys.

Barry went out and rode Sarge today and he said Sarge was blowing and snorting at the horses because they had blankets on. Sarge is so freaking funny - he makes me just crack up laughing.
I called about Red's Aussie Saddle and added fleece leggings and it shipped today. I probably won't get it til next week but that is how it goes.

No comments: