Sunday, August 29, 2010

Red & I might take up POLO!!

LOL   not really - I am a sissy - he would probably love it but I am a sissy.  I went riding at Tyrrell Park today with Susan and Kellie.  OMG did I have a blast.   I loaded Red up and and he was such a little doll today.  We rode out to the marsh area and then cut back into the woods.  I went first as I had a crop.  OMG the Banana Spiders were EVERYWHERE.  I was whapping them out of their webs so they didn't get on Kellie.  She is afraid of spiders. 

Red did a fabulous job of stopping, turning slowly to the side...taking one step at a time sideways in side passes to close to the spiderwebs.  They were huge webs across the trails.  I hit one and Kellie was behind me.  Spider clung to my quirt and flung behind me onto Kellie...she screams like a girl too! 

At one point Red just started side passing right through some low branches, trees, brush and knocked my hat off.  I think he must have had some bugs on him.  Kellie had to get off and get my hat. 

Kellie had enough of the spiders and slow going and out we went to the marsh.  I asked what time it was - it was 11:00 and I had to turn around as I had a cake customer coming to pick up a cake.  I went back into the woods at a trot all down the ride away to the road in Tyrrell Park.  Turned right and Red and I trotted all around the trails to the pavillion and out we came.  It took me about 23 minutes of trotting and some walking to get back.  He was SWEATING under his mane, on the other side of his mane, under his saddle.  Woot!!!  He basically self loaded today.  Good boy.  Back to the barn, I hosed him off, picked his hooves - they were full of little pebbles. 

We went out to eat with Kellie, Randy, Susan, Kenny and Traci, and Justin and his girlfriend.  We went to TBone Red's in Kemah.  OMG I showed Kellie the video of me trying to get on the horse and we were laughing hysterically.  I said, "I told you I can't get one Red - his legs are too long and mine are too short!!!"

No comments: