Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Woo Hoo Ride 'em Cowgirl

What a ride!  I had a lesson with the wonderful Esther this morning.  I got out to the barn before 7:00 AM.  Red did excellent!  We walked, jogged, did circles, change reins, etc.  We worked on backing up ( he did great) turning on the forehand...he did great. 

We started the cantering and he kept going to the center.  Esther said to make him keep going even though he was not going where I wanted.  I was kicking him to keep him going and he got totally ticked off and bucked once!  Woot!  I didn't come off and wasn't scared.

We started over and went by the back fence and one of those Gray Mares ran at me with teeth flashing...yikes...I was almost chomped on.  I was cantering Red down the side of the middle and he should have turned and he was going right for the fence....I pulled him to a sliding halt and he stopped RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FENCE.  Esther said he slid a foot or more.  LOL  I think the DA would have hit the fence or turned sharp and dumped me.  NOT.

Sweat was pouring off of me.  It was HOT

No comments: