Sunday, December 17, 2017

Out to see the horses - first trip out of the house


Today was the first day I left the house since my total knee replacement this past Monday.  I was able to get in the car much easier than I did Wednesday - the leg is bending better.  I took so carrots for the horses.  Biscuit was standing in his little corral.  I was surprised he didn't walk off when we drove up.  His internal calendar and time piece works very well.  His face was a little dirty but I kissed him up anyway.  He was more than happy to have some carrots while I hugged him and kissed his face.  We just stayed for a few minutes and then drove down to where Red was.  I couldn't go down there and it was too wet to drive so Barry walked down there as I hollered Dashing Big Red.  Red made his way to the fence like he always did before.  He wouldn't eat the carrots but Barry petted him and took a few pictures for me.  He is looking great.  I am very pleased at how he looks.    We drove back to where Biscuit was and gave him the other carrot.  I asked Jamie to give Biscuit some hay...he didn't have any.  

It did me good to see my horses.  They are always a great panacea for whatever troubles you!  

My knee is coming along nicely.  The stockings drive me insane.  The soreness is a PITA.  The knee is hot and that is just to be expected.  I have rubbed and massaged the lower leg constantly and it is helping relieve some of the tightness and pain.  I took a hot bath at the end of the day with my leg up out of the water but massaged the back of the knee with the hot water which felt nice.

My daughter in law, Brandi, came today and fixed us hotdogs for lunch - went shopping for me - cleaned up - put some of my decorations out and then fixed us a killer dinner like she did last night.  She is a blessing to Barry and me.  She thinks the leg looks good and that I am moving good.  As she used to be a PT tech and a wound care tech she knows what she is talking about.  

I am able to get in and out of my deep tub quite easily so I am hoping to translate that into getting on Biscuit in 4 weeks.  I am thinking if I can get on and take a little ride around the arena with The Lee-Ann's watching over me that will be a good thing.  Maybe do that several times a week until I am able to actually ride for a while.  We shall see...it is good to have goals!!!  My goal is to be riding in February with ease.  :-)









No comments: