Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday - doing ok.

I went out to the barn yesterday to check on Biscuit...I can't get to Red as there has been too much rain to take my car down the row to his pasture :-(

Biscuit came up slowly from the back of the pasture. It looks like the little flap from his cut on his foot fell off so I won't need to have it cut off.  I gave him carrots and could see that he didn't eat all of his food.  It had salt in it!!  He was glad for the carrots and I petted and kissed him up.

I went into the office and Miss Jean and Linda were very impressed with my progress and that I was getting around well.

I did physical therapy Monday and the nurse came out and took the bandage off of my leg.  Todd thought it looked really good.  It looks like a bruised banana to me.  Lots of staples and blood blisters.  Ugh.  He redid the bandage and talked to Brandi on the phone about changing it for me.  So glad Brandi is trained in this!!!

Danielle, the PT, said I was doing well and was at a normal place in progression.  I did tell her the white stockings were driving me insane.    Miss Jean said she wore her's during the day and not at night.  I went home and liberally dosed my legs with Monkey Butt Powder, dumped MBP in the stockings and slid them on.  They weren't as bad.

I was so tired Monday and Tuesday.  I got back in bed Tuesday after going to the barn and slept finally.  I haven't been able to sleep because of these hose.  Ugh.  They are the Devil's Spawn.

During PT today I was able to get to a little more than 110°!  That is really good Danielle said.  I went through the paces with her and she was able to see my balance issue.  I think she was surprised even though I have told her...people have to see it to believe it.  I told her today because of that I had worked hard for the past 5 years to compensate at all kinds of things.  I was able to get on the recumbent bike in the middle of the night and peddle it!  We will work on that tomorrow she said.

It is still swollen and was hotter than dammit last night.  So today I have iced and iced that rascal with broccoli.  I took the stocking off before Danielle got here and left them off till this evening - the bandage had also came off.

Ava was just fascinated this evening and was so concerned that her Gimmie was hurting.  She wants to go hold my hand when they take them off so I may get Brandi to take me and let Ava go.  Sweet girl!!

I have the stockings on right now on Wednesday night but am going to take them off to go to sleep after while.  Hoping to be able to sleep without these torture devices on!


No comments: