Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tuesday Treatment and talked to Doc

Still babysitting Tristan.  He is teething.  He was up at 7:30 with poop in his pants so I changed him and we headed out to the barn.  He fell asleep in the car. 

Got Biscuit's feed set up and headed down the ranch road.  Biscuit was locked up to I dumped the feed in and fly sprayed him.  I went ahead and opened the gate. 

He finished up and off he went.  He looks like he did before this happened. 

I left the barn and headed for Doc's to pick up the other 2 tubes of Marquis.  Doc was out on the front of the barn and asked how Biscuit was doing.

I told him he looked brighter by day 3 or 4.  I asked him he thought it was the thyroid or Marquis and he said who knows?  I asked how long he'd be on the thyroid and that may be 6 to 8 months - I told him I had got the 3 canisters free!!  Woot.

I asked him about riding when the Marquis is over and he said not til it cools off so we don't stress him.  He said he would then go on another treatment with something that is less in cost and Vitamin E.

I thanked him and said Biscuit appeared much better!

Spoke to Kassie and Kayla.  Kassie said the meds should run around $150-$250 which is way better than $950!!

No comments: