Tuesday, July 23, 2019

2nd and 3rd Day of Marquis Treatment

2nd day was Sunday for treatment.  I thought I got to the barn before Jamie fed the horses but I just missed it.  I told Jamie about Biscuit and asked him to lock him up and not feed him in the morning as I would feed him.   He gave me a little bucket of feed to I could put his medicine on it.  I went to his pasture and he was looking at me with his though bubble saying "what are you doing here?  I am not coming in the corral".

I took the bucket out to him.  He acted like he was going to flee begone as he does in the pasture at times.  He finally decided to eat the pellets while I just stood by him petting him and hugging him up.  After he finished, I left the pasture, washed the bucket and put it up.  Stopped and talked to Donnie at the barn.  So day 2 of Marquis was completed.

Day 3.  I got to the barn around 8:30.  Biscuit just stood there so sweet for me to put his halter on him.  I was talking to Jennifer Dontz on the phone so as I drove/walked Biscuit up to the front I stopped to let him eat grass while I finished talking to Jennifer.  Biscuit was pretty sweaty as it was humid.

We got up to the wash rack, I got his pellets, added the medicine and fed it to Biscuit.  He ate all of it while I sprayed him off, washing his legs.  Then I scrubbed his mane and tail with Kirk's Castile Soap to whiten them.  I washed his face and squirted water up in his sheath...pretty much a spa day.

Lee Ann Brown arrived and got Rogue out and cleaned him up.  Biscuit dried off and I brushed his mane and tail out and then brushed him.  OMG even after hosing him off he was full of dust/dirt.  I told Lee Ann I felt his hair should have looked better on the Platinum Performance but considering the EMP maybe the PP kept him from looking like the pits.   She said she could see what I was talking about his eyes looking dull.  They also looked somewhat puffy all around them.

Lee Ann took Rogue to go down to his paddock and I got Biscuit to go and he was wanting to trot to catch up with Rogue.  I snapped some iPhone pics of him as we went and videos when I turned him out.  He took off running and bucking.  He still has dull looking eyes but he was a little spunky and I was glad to see that.  Maybe even just 3 days of it is helping.

So many of the Old Cowgirls Never Die - They Keep On Riding gang are praying for him.  So many telling me their horses recovered from EPM with the Marquis and some asking what symptoms that I noticed in Biscuit.  One lady is noticing the dullness/depressed look and I said call your vet and get the test.

I did text Kassie at Doc's office and ask what the results of Biscuit's test were so I would know the exact numbers and this is what she sent:




These are the pictures I took of Biscuit today.  The top one came out so beautiful.  Tomorrow I will put him in the arena area so that we can watch to make sure he is pooping correcting.  He didn't poop on the wash rack today so I didn't see if it was too loose or too hard.  Lee Ann Potter suggested it so we can make sure the medicine doesn't jack his bowels up.

No comments: