Saturday, January 2, 2010

Red gets almost full rations!

I went out to the barn this afternoon to see my boy. He nickered when he saw me. Bless his heart. I got him a armload of bahai hay and he was nickering - that was funny because he rarely is vocal. Bless his heart. I went and got his blanket and put on him and hugged him up. I couldn't hug him enough. It is was a week ago that he colicked and I am so glad he is ok.

I asked Edgar if there was any alfalfa in the barn and he said there was some for Amir and I "borrowed" a 1/2 flake for Red. I will be getting my boy alfalfa Monday. I walked out with the alfalfa and into the arena and Red nickered when he got a sniff of the alfalfa. LOL He loves his alfalfa. It will help keep his bowels regular. I got his grain (5 lbs) and he left the hay for the grain. He scarfed it up and went back to the hay.

I went down to see Sarge and he is as fat as a butterball. He was sniffing and smelling me and getting as close as he could to me. Poor baby, I think he is lonely out there by himself. I hugged and petted on him and backed him up a few times. He is such a pretty boy.

Barry and I watched Man From Snowy River a few days ago and then today we watched Return to Snowy River. It was fun to watch and I can't wait to be riding in my own Aussie Saddle!

Kelly and I are hoping to ride next weekend if it is not too cold. She said the wind chill might be down in the teens. BUUURRRRRR!!!!!

I have got to check out the blanket situation for Sarge and make sure he has cover if it gets that cold. I also need to get Red's shots this coming week and worm him. I love my boy! On the 13th I will have owned Dashing Big Red for one year.


No comments: