Saturday, January 16, 2010

Running for Alfalfa!

I was busy today - I had to finish a groom's cake and Margaret went with me to deliver it and take the pictures.  Barry and I visited with Ronnie and Margaret and I packed her off with supplies to do her first paid cake next weekend.  Fannie came over to get a cd of the Horned Toad cake - I have found that my computer is fubar and I am not a happy camper.  I couldn't write a CD.  Ugh.

After that I was just relaxing and it was raining and kinda cold and yukky so I wasn't going to the barn.  Barry had left to go to Sam's and Morgan was at lunch.  Just out of the blue I felt an overwhelming need to check on the horses.  I was worried they were cold since I took their blankets off!  It was 5:30 PM but I put my pink boots on and my coat and off I went. 

I got to the back of the pastures and Red and Sarge were in the back of the pasture.  Red started walking toward the front when I pulled in.  I got out of the car and hollered at him, clapping my hands, "Come to momma, Baby!!!"  LOL he is hilarious - he started GALLOPING toward the gate.  He is just a scream...he knows when the red car and the Alfalfa Girl arrive that alfalfa can't be far behind.  I got the biggest kick out of him today.  I handed out the alfalfa to he and Sarge.  I just stayed a minute because it was cold and blustery.  I left and they were happy munching on their hay and I felt better.

I guess what I could hear in my heart was Red yelling for his alfalfa!

No comments: