Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 12th ride

I rode on Sunday the 12th with a rather large group at Tyrrell Park.  Randy, James and Jimmy Zinn rode with us along with Pam and her daughter.  We haven't rode with her in ages.  There were a total of 14 people - a few we knew - most we did not.  Everyone was well behaved and on well behaved horses which was nice.

Biscuit was pretty much a doll.  I got him saddled up and James held him while I got on.  We headed out through Cattail Marsh.  We all crossed the bridge and went across the little land bridge and rode to the left of the bog first.  Very nice ride across the back.  I rode with Jimmy for a while and he was telling me about his new truck and LOL  I told him that all sounded great but I didn't have a clue about trucks!  We discussed hoof boots and shoes.  He shoes Brat in the summer but said the boots would save him money.  I told Jimmy "who says a woman can't save you  money Jimmy?!"  LOL He said that was a first!  ahahahaha Jimmy is a hoot.  I told him he could try Biscuit's hoof boots on Brat when we got  back to the trailers.

When we got back to the road to go back to the trailers, I put Biscuit in a jog and jogged around the road.  We got almost to the stables and he jumped up and shook his head to go faster.  Oh Hell NO  BISCUIT.  He had to walk slow all the way back.  LOL  Biscuit was in trouble!

I took Biscuit's tack off and washed his legs and belly off.  He is such a good boy.  I hosed his hoof boots off and took them over to try on Brat.  They seemed to fit him well and I told Jimmy to take that pair and try them out on Brat til we go to Ebenezer.  I got to look in Jimmy's trailer - he has an 8' short wall Bison.  Sigh...so very nice!

The rest of the week I would go out to see Biscuit and take him and Sarge carrots.  I didn't get to ride this past weekend because of the bridal show.  

No comments: