Thursday, November 5, 2009

I ride Sarge and he gets a hair cut!

I want to learn to ride Sarge so we went out to the stables and saddled him up. I got on him but was apprehensive. We went around the arena and then Sadda and Charlie started hauling hinny and he got a little excited. I told Barry to grab him.

I got off. Barry rode Sarge in the big arena and the small arena. I was surprised that he felt smaller than Red! Red has a much bigger girth than Sarge yet Sarge looks like a little fat sausage. I am not apprehensive anymore about riding Red. I can control him the majority of the time and make him listen to me. He is not perfect but pretty close to it. I bought the right horse for me.

I want to work on his lope in the arena. I wish it wasn't by the highway! I will work in the smaller arena with him. I want him to go into a lope without going into a gallop. I know that is just work.

I got back on Sarge from the ground!! Woo Hoo I can get on him!!! Can't get on Red and don't know if I will ever be able to get on Red but I will work on it!! We rode round and round and I will ride him again til I feel comfortable riding him.

No comments: