Monday, November 16, 2009

The Boys go to the Beach







Barry and I took the boys down to the beach Saturday to ride with the Rockin'R Riders. We got out to the pasture and my little 4 legged darlings didn't want to be caught. LOL took awhile to get gone! We finally got loaded up and down the road. We arrived at the beach and tacked up. I put the Skito pad on and then the SMX pad and then the black felt pad.

The boys were pretty excited. Red was dancing sideways and that always makes me a little anxious. It was one year ago Saturday that I got hurt so bad on a horse. I am grateful to be alive, literally, and grateful that I have a wonderful horse but I never forget that Red was a race horse! We circled quiet a few times! I told Barry I was a little anxious so I followed behind Sarge and Red finally settled down. He just gets a little excited. Kelly, Denise, Kent, Kenny, Pam, Susan and others were on the ride and we had a good time. The beach is just a blank now which is almost surreal.

I think every shell and rock between Cuba and Texas was on that beach...so many shells it looks like a driveway instead of the beach. I thought Red would be a little ouchie but he was ok. I tried to get him in the water and he was looking at it funny. Later he walked in it behind Sarge.

We did get to gallop down the beach - I was riding with Pam. Red did very well when I told him "Easy - Easy - Easy" and he slowed down. Red and Sarge seemed to have a great time. Sarge was so excited he was dancing to beat the band and he was the only horse really sweating....he is so funny.

We ate lunch on the beach and visited with some of the riders. I told Kelly and Susan I wanted to ride in Tennessee next year and they said they'd like to go. I am going to get information and show it to them and perhaps next year we can go on a horse vacation...a dream come true for me.

No comments: