Sunday, November 8, 2009

Red thinks he's a Grand National Contestant and Killer Geese

I went riding with Kelly and Susan. I hauled Red out to Kelly's following Susan as I didn't know where I was going! We rode down the canal and Red was behaving like a doll. We trotted some but mostly walked along.

We got to the end of the canal and doubled back. We crossed down by a deep ditch and crossed a ditch and crossed the road. We went on down and then to a dirt road that went behind a bunch of houses.

We came upon a house with a huge backyard that was fenced. A big ole pond had some geese next to some cattails and a grey plastic storage unit by the corner of the fence. Red stopped in his tracks at the sound of the geese. I really had to urge him on and he was almost side stepping and keeping his eyes open for KILLER GEESE. We went down further and then had to turn around. Red had his eyes on those geese and was almost side passing. He is so funny.

We went though an area that was wet and the giant mosquitoes nearly toted us away. We were trotting through there fast and nearly took flight! We came to the ditch that he'd walked through earlier and he was trying to decide which way to go when Kelly's horse jumped it and I knew that Red would jump it too. Woo HOOOO he bunched up that hinney and LEAPED across the ditch. It was probably about 5 feet or so and when he landed he kinda stumbled and caught himself up and hit a gallop. I nearly was unseated but was held my seat. I slowed him down...woo hooo it was fun.

We stopped and visited with Kenny and his wife. Red stood there so quietly that Kenny said "he is so quiet!" I said he generally is unless you take him to a race!

I couldn't get the trailer backed up so Kenny came and backed it out for me.

When I first took Red out of the trailer he cripped up on his back right foot - holding it up and shaking it. He is such a cary grant boy. I got my hoof pick out and checked it...it was fine. He was fine on grass. He is just a little tender after his trimming.

He is such a sweetheart.

No comments: