Sunday, November 8, 2009

I need a flat space for my trailer - seeing RED and I don't mean my horse

Ok...good thing my husband was at work...I think I could have drop kicked him for a field goal this morning. I go out to hook up my Brenderup. It is in a place that is high and my car is low. I can't get it on the ball so I did like I have done before and pulled forward and it grabbed the ball. I slowly inched forward and it pulled but never fell and locked onto the ball. Tried to inch it out of the yard...it fell off the ball on the concrete pad going to the street. I saw it moving backwards and almost had a COW. I almost busted a gut. I had already called Barry to tell him my difficulty because of the uneven yard. He said we'd figure out something but he was NOT putting in a pad or anything like that. Ok....I am now seeing everything in a glowing RED haze.

If it was difficult for him to hook up his truck he'd pour a slab, level the ground, whatever it took...like he did when he built a patio and ramp for his Harley House. I had begged for and been promised a patio for years...but he couldn't get his Harley into his shop without the patio/ramp. I am seeing RED.

My darling Tater was home and is very strong as he lifts weights. The tongue weight of a Brenderup is not like an American trailer and he was able to lift it so I could put the wheel up. It was going in the wrong direction though, Dev shifted it to the wrong side bless his heart. We managed to get it right though.

I want a level place on some flat pavers so I DON'T have this problem again. This is the second time this has happened to me and it is so frustrating and it shouldn't be.

No comments: