Sunday, March 7, 2010

Red at Margaret's


I talked to Margaret today.  Red had a few unpleasant lessons but mostly did ok.  She said he was certainly not a finished horse but will be closer to finished by Saturday!  She worked on his sidepassing, lead changes and doing what she said when she said it.  She worked on his stops.  I said he was better with a verbal than with his mouth. 

I told her I want him to go barefooted.  I know it will take a year but I have gave him wearing shoes for a year and I can't say I am thrilled with the results.  Ronnie is going to take his shoe off and take a gander as to why he is gimping on that right foot.  She is using the hoof freeze to help toughen his feet up.  She walked him on the walker today which is good for him. 

I will talk to her tomorrow about his progress.

No comments: