Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Red will go to finishing school!

Red will go to finishing school in Jasper in April and probably in May too.  I want Red to be a "finished" horse - I want him to side pass (I will need to go to finishing school myself) both ways, both while at a stand still and while moving.  I want changing leads.  I want him to collect himself and move off the leg.  I want him to go into a slow lope when cued to do so. 

I want a finished horse and I want to improve my own riding skills.  I want to learn to ride Sargent confidently while I am at it! 

If Red is ok, he will go next week but most likely I will take him the Sunday before I go to New Orleans - that gives him another week and a half to improve his hoof.  If he isn't ready, he will stay home.  No since in taking him from the pasture to just hang around making poop at Margaret's. 

I will be worming the horses tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome fun! Now, New Orleans? Um..a visit to Folsom to see Flicka in the works?

Denise said...

Wish I could! I have to hurry home to make a wedding cake. Can you make cherry blossoms for me?