Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ebenezer Park and Red is Gimpy



Barry and I went out to the barn to load up the horses.  I groomed Red and walked him through the feed barn.  He seemed tender footed on the concrete but not limping.  We put them in the trailer and hauled up to Ebenezer.  We stopped at the Jasper WalMart and I got food at McDonald's for us.

We went on to Ebenezer and yeah...Red seemed really tender footed so I put hoof freeze on his left hoof.   The trails are soft and sandy so off we go.  He is gimpy but ok.  He wants to trot some but I held him back.  He was reluctant to cross water and we got to the part that is over their knees and I told Barry I didn't want to go across it so we turned back.  We got to the place where he hadn't wanted to cross and he stood in the middle of the water and wouldn't cross the little tree that was on the ground.  I kept urging him and I looked down and his left shoulder was twitching like it did last summer.  I backed him and got off and he followed me through and I stood on a stump and got on!  Woo Hoo  my first time to get off and get back on while on a ride.  We rode for about an hour or more and it was fun except he was gimpy.  Sigh...I am snake bit.  

We load up and I got a hold of Margaret and she was home so I told her Red was kinda gimpy and she said bring him anyway.  We get to Margaret's and she and Ronnie think he has me buffalo'ed and Ronnie said he was limping on his right not his left.  I think I am too stupid to own a horse.  What an idiot.  I put hoof freeze on the left - not the right.  Margaret said from now on but it on both.  LOL  I am considering that I am too stupid to have Red.  Margaret and Ronnie were putting up the walker and Barry and Margaret talked about electrical stuff.  We looked at Rocket - she is getting so feisty.  I talked to the heifers - they are precious.  I hugged up Butterbean and he seemed ok today.  He hasn't gone to Archie's yet.  
I got out Red's feed and Margaret said to ignore and text messages of 911 that Red might send to me to come get him quick.  LOL  He is there for a week of training or really just a refresher course.  She said he won't refuse water or anything else when I pick him up next week.

Barry and I will go up and get him Saturday and maybe ride at Ebenezer.  I love it up there.  We hauled home and stopped and ate in Silsbee.  It was a nice day - so beautiful outside - I got to spend the day with my darling husband, my two beautiful horses and visit with friends.  Now, I am at home with my grandson - so what day could be more perfect than that?

No comments: