Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ebenezer Weekend Trip



Barry and I left Friday morning for Ebenezer.  We got up and got ready, got the horses loaded up and left around 9:30.  We got there at 11:15 and unloaded the horses.  We ate at The Stump.  We got back and visited with Randy and Kellie.  A bunch of people started arriving that were there with the Rockin R Riders.  We just kicked back and enjoyed the day.  We sat around the campfire and laughed and talked.  Kent, Kenny, Robin, the Havards, Esther and others were there. 

It was kinda damp and cold Friday night - that wasn't too great.   I woke up at 4:00 AM really wishing I had a living quarters trailer so I didn't have to get up, get dressed, haul my hinney up the hill with the old "Willie Makeit and Betty Wont" chasing me.  I barely Made It!!!

I made peppered bacon and eggs for Kent!  LOL  He brought it over to the camp and I cooked it for him.  We got to meet James M.'s wife, Debbie.  She is very nice.  We rode out.  We headed up to Eagle's Nest Hill.  Biscuit did a good job.  He gets a little excited but controllable.  We went down and around to the second beach.  Barry and I got separated.  He went to the first beach and all the way down that beach.  I went to the right and around the hills.  I went straight up a hill and Biscuit was basically galloping up.  Poor guy!!!   He was soaking wet.  My saddle was slipping going up the hill.  Wow.  He went down in a hole, I yelled at Sue to watch for it and down Sababba went.  LOL  thank God they weren't hurt.  We went around and down to the beach.

Biscuit was pawing the water and his back legs started buckling and I was kicking him for all I was worth to get him to move.  I think he wanted to drop and roll!!

I got so many compliments on how good he looked!!  Woot!   All of my hard work is paying off.  We rode way way way down the beach.  It was pretty darn terrific.  We came back up into the woods.  Biscuit did just a fantastic job.  We got back to the park and I gave him a bath.  He was disgustingly dirty.  I tied him up so he could dry off.  We went to The Stump for lunch.  We had a fun visiting with everyone.  Biscuit looked TERRIFIC when we got back.  He had dried and his coat looked so nice!

We made another ride but with a much smaller group.  We rode down the front trail and all around.  It was so much fun.  On the way back we were almost to the camp and I let Biscuit canter.  He did a great job...but it was in an area with tons of roots so I slowed him.  The other horses were way ahead of us.  I started trotting him again and he took off in a gallop.  Uhhg No.  I pulled him up and he tossed that head and shook back and forth.  Not a good Biscuit...He was pulled to a walk and had to walk back.  I didn't get scared though and I was so proud of myself!

We went and ate at Archie's and head a great time.  We came back and sat around the camp fire.  Woot!!!  We went to bed late.  We got up and visited with everyone and then saddled up.  James M. asked where we wanted to go and we said "Beaver Pond".  We went from the right side of the pond instead of from the left.  All kinds of ways to go!!  It was a terrific ride.  Biscuit doesn't do great over some trees...some he does...some he doesn't.  He jumped a little ditch and did that wonderfully.

It was a fun relaxing ride.  All told, we rode about 20 miles.  Wish it had been longer.  I would love to go out and ride from like 9:00 to 4 or 5.  Take times to stop for lunch etc. but ride all day.  That is what I want to do.

Margaret showed up at the camp when the ride was over.  She was in the back following us.  Sorry we didn't get to ride together though.  We ate lunch and visited.

We left around 2.  Kellie and Randy were just ahead of us and had a blow out just outside of Jasper.  We followed them home to make sure they got there safely.


No comments: