Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Riding from Double Heart

The day before I went  to Double Heart I met the farrier Mike in Lumberton to get new gators for Biscuit's hoof boots.  I learned something...I should be putting the same boot on the same hoof every time.  Duh.  Didn't know that.  I put the gators on when I got home...with the tips Mike gave me I didn't have a problem.  I even put the little purple strap on the middle.

Then on Tuesday  August 5th I hauled up to Double Heart to meet Cherie, Tammy and Caren for a ride.  I got out to the barn and fed Biscuit and Sarge.  I didn't have any problem with Biscuit.  He was filthy though with mud in his mane.

I took him up to the wash rack and hosed him off before leaving.  I stopped once in Buna for a Starbucks cold coffee drink.  I bought a lottery ticket for $2 and won $5.  I was excited!  Got a sandwich and cookies to share.

Got up to the DH and unloaded Biscuit.  Cherie got there a little bit later.  We tacked up and rode in a loop to the left.  We did a little cantering (Biscuit was long trotting) down a road.  We looped around and back to DH for lunch.  We shared a nice lunch and watermelon.  We mounted up again and rode to the right and around to the #8 and then back up #1 trail.

We rode just short of 9 miles.  It was so much fun.

I took a shower before I left.  It was pretty dang hot up there and humid.




































No comments: