Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Les Vogt Arrived

Yesterday my Les Vogt bit finally arrived and it is stunning.  It is heavy as all get out!  Barry and I went up to watch the team penning in Jasper today and I took Margaret's bridle back for Cub.  LOL  Ronnie was riding him and he was trying to run away with him.  He was riding him in a snaffle and that wasn't cutting the mustard with Cub.  Ronnie changed the bridle right there even though he had told Margaret that wasn't a cool thing to do!  LOL  Whatever it takes.

I showed them the bit and they loved it and thought it was gorgeous.  Some cowboy walked up and said "you don't need that!  I will take it off of your hands!"  Several of them crowded around to see it and Margaret called out to the old cowboy sitting in a chair with his oxygen tank and said to look at it.  He turned it over in his hands and said "you got a good one by the best, Les Vogt" so I guess it is ok!

After the team roping Archie, Barry and I went and ate at the Cedar Tree.  It was ok today - not great but ok.  After that we trotted out to Margaret and Ronnie's and Ronnie showed me a simple bridle that would look good with the bit.  We went out to the the little filly and she is growing so strong!  We visited awhile and hit the road.

We stopped at the stable but the boys must have been in their shed and I couldn't see them in the dark.  I got my original bridle that Barry has been using and put my new bit on it and it looks pretty darn good!

No comments: