Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I got spooked - but I made it over the spook!!

Barry and I got up to Ebenezer Friday.  I was exhausted after making a 5 tier cake.  She came up with the money and Margaret helped me get it out.  Woot!  We got up to the site and put up our tent.  Lots of folks were there - Barry's friends from last week, Randy and Kellie, Denise, Kent, Randy, James, Justin and Esther.  Lots of folks!  Kent put a tarp around his stock trailer and I told him it was ghetto-fabulous.

We set off on a ride - I was leading.  Red was going along fine until we got to his favorite dip - I went to the left and everyone else went to the right.  He had a cow and crow hopped and was pretty cranked up.  Not bad but I got spooked.  Denise encouraged me and we went on.  Justin's horse was hopping and spinning - she is a former barrel racer.  Red seemed like he wanted to GO.  We kept going and I was nervous.  Barry was working with Sarge and he was way behind and Red didn't like that either.  We stopped and Barry was way behind and Sarge was prancing around.  Red was getting more and more agitated and I was getting more and more nervous.  He started side stepping and I was turning him.  I finally asked Randy to come get him.  I got off.  I was near tears.  Randy offered to let me ride Lady Dollar but I said no.  I told Barry I wanted to go back.  Red was good on the way back and I had tears going down my face.  Barry got off Sarge and hugged me and kissed me.  LOL  He was trying to make me feel better.  I think I was just exhausted.  I worked like a crazy person this week and didn't have any sleep - stress out the wazootie.

I made fajitas and Randy and Kellie came and had some with us and so did Kent.  He brought some chicken sausage for us to taste that was fabulous.  We visited around the camp fire and then we crashed.  I was exhausted.  It got cold during the night.

The next day I lunged Red before we started out.  I did get off to walk him over a tree area so he didn't jump - my hematoma  still can't take a hit at this time.  He was wanting to go but listened.  We went all over the park and had a great time.  I enjoyed my ride.  We went through the water and Red was pawing it.  LOL  He is so funny.  He wanted to get a little cranky over by a road so I put him in the road and made him walk on it.  He wasn't too happy with that!  It slowed him down because Red has tender tootsies.  I held my reins in my hands at my knees and when he would want to take off without my signal I would stop him and make him back up.

I was glad I made the ride and didn't get scared.

No comments: