Monday, July 5, 2010

Riding Sarge and Red!!!!

I rode Red and Sarge today. Barry and I went out to the barn to ride. I saddled up Red and rode in the arena. Barry saddle up Sarge and rode out in the tree trails he enjoys so much. Barry came back and I switched horses!

I set up my camera to film Red. He is still not sweating - but he was a little moist between his legs. Sigh...I am still hopeful about Equiwinner working on my boy. Red and I started off and he was going pretty slow and I popped him on the shoulder with the crop and I guess he could see it coming and he scootched up his hinney and jumped forward kinda funny! LOL Good thing I have an Aussie Saddle. We worked on circles, halts, going over the poles. He is doing better but still needs work over the poles. I tried to get him to canter and he was going at a HARD trot that was hard on the stomach! I then kicked him into a canter and I think we went around three times and he did a good job. He is still rough in the canter but not too bad.




I got on Sarge and we walked, trotted, pranced, he throws up his head...he is a pistol and then we cantered a slow lope. OMG is he ever smooth. I think I am going to steal him from Barry!




My face was blazing hot and I splashed water on myself. I washed Red and put his patch on his hinney. I put him up to eat his lunch.

No comments: