Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still No Sweat

It rained off and on today. Really pouring this morning and several times today. I had washed off the two WeatherBeeta horse blankets and hung them on the fence. They were rinsed several times in rain water so that is a good thing. I am going to turn them over inside out and let the rain wash the insides. Nothing is too good for my boys.

I went at lunchtime to check on Red's patch. It was still secure on his backside so I hugged him up and left. Later this evening about 6:30 or so I went back to the ranch and Red was in his paddock. I had dress sandals on so I called to him from his stall door and he came right away. LOL He immediately went to his food buckets looking for food! He is so funny. I put his halter on and took him to the wash rack. I hugged his neck - I had had a hard day and OMG was it nice to throw my arms around his neck and hug him. Bless his heart - he doesn't mind.

I got out the LAST patch and put it on his butt just a little down from where the other one had been. I ran my hands all over and under Red - no sweat anywhere. He is still shiny so I am going to get him more beer - I will get him Guinness tomorrow and Esther is going to speak to her vet about it. I am hoping that something kicks in for my Red.

My next step if this doesn't work is acupuncture. There is one in Fredericksberg. I would love to go there so I may have to haul my boy over there.

No comments: