Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chocolate Cake with the Peeps

I made chocolate cake to take to the barn for my lesson. It was chocolate fudge with chocolate ganache icing. I already had the ganache made and it was in a baggie! I pulled the contour cake out of the oven, plated it and set the baggie on top. Voila, warmed icing to dump on my cake.

Off to the barn. Red was eating and his patch had been SCRUBBED off. The duct tape was raggedy as all get out. I had to wait for him to finish eating and by then Esther arrived with Sakara and Hershey. Oh my is Sakara full of beans!!! What a pretty boy though and so is Hershey.

She saddled Hershey and I tacked up Red. Regan was there trimming horses and I saw that he is training his boy. Lee Ann had the yearly out there and they were working on her.

Esther rode Hershey in the big arena and I sat on Red in the little arena then went into the big arena in the shade to video Esther. Wow Hershey is a gorgeous mover.
It was a pleasure to watch her ride him.

We started my lesson and we worked hard on me NOT moving my upper body at all to start Red into a jog. He was being VERY lazy and I was having a hard time NOT moving my body. It is something to work on. We worked on cantering clockwise. Wow, that didn't go so well, he went right to the center! Several times I was having to rein him back to the wall but we finally got a canter but it was counter clockwise. We still have tons to do and I will keep working on my riding and Red's reactions. He is getting better.

Still, no sweat. Just the tiniest of dampness under his saddle - like the size of a skinny egg on both sides where my lower thighs would be. Sigh. I so want this Equiwinner to work for him. I hosed him off after his ride and put him up.

I came back to the barn later and put a fresh patch on him - high up on his butt - really his back to keep him from rubbing it off. Maybe just maybe this week will be the time he will start sweating.

No comments: