Monday, February 20, 2012

Raining Raining Raining

We had reservations at Ebenezer Park this past weekend.  I was so looking forward to going riding with Kellie and Randy and all of my peeps.  We had a big pot luck dinner planned.  I was going to make cake balls for everyone...Kent was making his famous red beans and rice.  Sigh....it was raining cats and dogs Saturday.  Kellie and I cancelled the trip.

I haven't rode hardly at all this month - either it was too cold and I didn't have a riding buddy or it has been raining or I was sick.  It took 2.5 weeks to shake whatever I had.  I also had a weekend of cakes to do.  Always something but I guess this was Biscuit's vacation.  I think he kinda needed one.

I went out to the barn Saturday in the rain to check on the horses.  I think they thought I had abandoned them.  I hadn't been to the barn since Tuesday...probably the longest I have ever not gone to the barn and been in town!  They were standing near the gate in fetlock deep water.  They came over for hugs and kisses.  I was not having a good day and they always perk me up.  Here is a picture of my boys - their hooves should be nice and soft!!

I took this picture right in front of Biscuit - the water was draining from their paddock through the culvert and flowing up towards the barn.   I thought it was a very cool whirlpool!!!!!



Barry and I went out to see the horses Sunday afternoon.  Biscuit is a dirty mess.  I am sure it is hard to stay clean in the rain!  He needs a bath!!

No comments: