Friday, December 14, 2012

Busted down to just walking

I had my meeting with the doctor over my health issues and he went through the MRI with Barry and me.  I have some bulging discs in my neck but not enough to be causing my issues with walking.  He said it was minor and more like just the regular old aging process!  I do have some compression in the T10 and T12 discs and degeneration.  He said it is a 50/50 chance it is MS and I will have to undergo light tests on my eyes to determine that plus have another MRI at the office in the Medical Center not in Pasadena.  He said I was a little past the age most people are diagnosed with MS.  I have never been so glad to be an old chick in my life!  Barry asked him about riding and he said only walking - no fast stuff no jumping - as if!  I said I do not ride like a crazy person - I trot mostly but will just be walking and will be with an ER nurse.  Barry wasn't too happy about it but I did tell Dr. M that I feel better after I ride and can walk better.

So probably for the next 2 months or so I will only be allowed to walk on Biscuit.  I told Mom I didn't want to not ride and let my old fears return...plus Biscuit would be a handful if I didn't ride all winter! He also said I am not diabetic - just borderline.  My numb feet have nothing to do with diabetes - it is the constriction of my spinal cord.  That is good news but I will continue with a low sugar diet.  I don't want to develop full blown diabetes either.

We are riding tomorrow God willing and the creek don't rise.  Looking forward to a walk with my Biscuit.

No comments: