Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Grooming the Biscuit

I went out to the barn yesterday.  OMG the wind was blowing like crazy and was overcast when I first got there around noon.  I got Biscuit out and brought him up to the washrack.  I got out my grooming bag and gave him a few treats and then started on his front hooves.  Much more concavity now than in the past.  They are slowly getting better.  I also brushed and brushed and brushed him.  I used the Furinator on him pulling out quiet a bit of hair.  I enjoyed brushing out his mane. 

The Lee Anns and Alison came up and Lee Ann P rescued a big mastiff that is so sweet.  He is a slobbery fellow but so sweet.  I hugged him up some.  We talked about our rides this weekend.  Legato did great up at Ebenezer when they went Sunday but some trees were hard for her to walk over.  It will just take a little longer to get all the soreness gone.  Legato was running around like wildfire when we loaded the horses Saturday - she wanted to go.  The Lee Anns said she did the same when they brought the trailer Sunday.  She knew she was getting to go!!  Glad she is doing better.

I took Biscuit down to his paddock and he gobbled up some clover and ended up choking on it - he coughed up a bit of clover!!  Poor guy!!! 


No comments: