Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Red goes to his first ACTHA Ride

Alex hauled Red to his first ACTHA ride this weekend.  She had taken him out on trails this week and he did really well with her other than kicking at the barn dog.  Red is not a huge fan of dogs....he never bothered the barn dogs except when Maxwell ran by him when he was on the walker.  OMG he fired off with both barrels. 

They competed Saturday and Alex and Red took a 5th out of 6.  Sunday was another story!!!  They cleaned up - 1st out of 6!!!  Woo Hoo!!!!  I couldn't have been more thrilled.  He remembered how to side pass and turn on his haunches and forehand.  Good boy!!!!  He gave Alex a little fuss over going through mud.  I told her he did the same thing with me and told her he was buffalo'ing her.  I told Toni I rode him in spurs and she said Alex did too as he was hard to get going without them!  LOL Yep...that is my Red...a lazy boy!!! 




No comments: