Monday, April 13, 2015

Shedding Sarge

I had a number of errands to run today so I didn't get out to the barn until around 1:30 PM on Monday.  I went down and got Sarge.  Biscuit tried to go with me but I left him in the pasture.  He took off running and he was whinnying for Sarge!

I started grooming Sarge - he was muddy.  He is rarely muddy so I know he has been rolling to get the hair off.  I brushed and brushed and brushed.  Hair was flying everywhere - so glad he finally started shedding.  I used a scissor blade to pull the stringy pieces of his mane off.  He looked so much better!!!


I put the surcingle on him and side reins and worked him in the arena for 30 minutes.  He was a bit of a toot at the end  -  I think he was a little annoyed but too bad.  He did a good job after I insisted on finishing RIGHT. 

I could hear Biscuit whinnying the entire time I had Sarge up front.  I hosed him off and scraped him and took him back.  Biscuit was so glad to see him.


I went back a few hours later.  No matter how bad I feel, my horses make me feel better.  They are so precious to me.  I straightened out my tack closet while I was there.  I gave the horses carrots and clover. 

Check out Biscuit's mustache...could he be any cuter?


No comments: