Thursday, January 29, 2009

Little Red Riding


Yesterday I went to Louisiana to work for SW.  While I was there I stopped at the Vinton Feed Store for alfalfa hay for Red.  They had the coolest stuff!  I had to make myself put down a purple racing bridle!!

I got a bale of hay for Red and off I went.  I got a call from Barry when I was in Bridge City.  I told him where I was and that I would swing by the house to get him along with my boots and we'd go out to the barn.  LOL he was at the barn!  I said to take Red out and lunge him and I'd be there as soon as I could.

When I got there Red had worked up a sweat lunging.  We saddled him up (I had the bridle in the car!  That is why he called originally!) and we rode!  Red performed like a champ.  He is coming along so good!!!

Rita was feeding and had been very sick. She just gave Red a tiny bit of hay so I made sure he had plenty and gave him some of his new alfalfa.  Boy did he like that!

Courtney asked about going up to Ronnie and Margaret's house and I said I had to go to WalMarts for SW and she didn't care she said!  OK...we will go tomorrow.  I talked to Margaret on the phone and made sure it was ok and that they were going to be home.  She said that was fine to come on.

Forcast said rain.  I got up this morning and very overcast and cold.  I called Courtney and she was up so I said I'd be there soon.  She had a good amount of hay for Red!  Yay!  I gave him one slab of alfalfa and left him in his stall as it looked like it was going to rain pretty darn soon.

Off we went to Margaret's.  It cleared up by the time we got there but that is 75 miles away!  Courtney rode Butterbean who is just darling and I love his color!!  Margaret let her ride Cub and she was totally in love with Cub!  Cub is a BIG boy and so well trained.  It was fun visiting with Ronnie and Margaret as always.  

We ate at Elijah's and went to the WM in Woodville.  No manager at that time.  We stopped at Courtney's mother's barn in Lumberton...can you say pea green with envy?  

We got to Tyrrell Park and Barry was saddled up and riding in the arena.   He had lunged Red without the lunge line in the round pen and he said he did terrific.  I can't wait to see that.  Barry rode and then I let Courtney ride Red.  She thought he was better than sliced bread.  I told her to lope him but not to fall out of that huge saddle.  She got him loping and he looks like a million bucks.  She was making him sidepass too!!!  Wow Wee my boy is gorgeous.  Courtney said "don't ever sell him".  I told her she could ride him tomorrow as I will not be able to and that she could ride him all she wanted Friday as I wouldn't be home then either.  He needs riding time but by people who know what they are doing to keep it reinforced.  He did everything I asked and did it well.  I can't wait to get my new saddle and RIDE!!  

I am planning on trail riding Sunday for the first time.  I can't wait.  

We brushed him and I laughed at him when I put the fly spray on this face.  He wrinkled up his nose and wrung his lip around.  What a hoot.  He wasn't too excited about standing still while I groomed him but too bad.  Stand you will.  

Bridgett called and asked me if Courtney was riding for pleasure on Red or if she was training him.  I said she was riding for pleasure only.  She said if she was training, that as an employee, all training needed to go through her as the BO.  I told her that any actual training of Red that I paid for would be by Margaret only.  I said that Courtney did have my permission to ride Red on Thursday and Friday as I would be gone.  

 

No comments: