Saturday, January 17, 2009






On Wednesday I bought him a weather proof blanket because it is colder than a well diggers hinney.  Bridget and I measured him at 80" from the middle of his chest to the middle of his tail.  He is a big boy!

On Thursday Dr. Schneider came out to check Red and give him his shots.  He had me trot Red up and down and he said he was in great shape and said that he didn't seem to have any issues from racing.  He got a shot on each side of his neck and he will have his teeth floated next week. It was $60.

The next day Red was visited by Morgan!  She got on him and Barry led her around!!!  He was in the pasture with Image and Image kicked his hinney - he was a little nerved up but quickly calmed down as soon as I moved him out of the pasture.  Barry rode him and I lengthed the stirrups and he was able to ride better.  I rode him for a few minutes but it was getting late.  We went out to eat at Novrotsky's with Morgan and Ryan.  

Today I had a headache and it was awhile before I went out to the barn.  Devin went with me and I groomed Red and then tacked him up.   Devin rode him around the arena and then had to go.  I adjusted the stirrups for me and they were not level.  UGHH.  I took the saddle off of Red, put him in the arena, and put the saddle in the car.  I dragged it up to Sams and ask David to punch more holes in it.  He said someone had cut it up above (which I knew because Ronny told me so) but he was able to match up and put the right holes in it.  He suggested the funny looking stirrups that won't hurt my knees which I need.  My knee was hurting this morning.  I don't need that!  So they put the new stirrups on and he and Charles watered the leather and twisted the snot out of it and put little straps to hold it in place.  David said someone had came in looking for an 18" saddle so I gave him my card and said I wanted $650 for it.  Hopefully I will sell it soon and get something else.  

I went back out to the barn and Kelsie was out there.  I let her ride Red and she was thrilled.  Then I got on Red and rode for 45 minutes.  The trot was so much easier in the saddle with the right highth!!  

I let Red eat grass after I took his tack off.  I talked to Cindy about riding with them tomorrow when she came in from the trails.  I don't know if my leg will let me though!

I met Courtney, the young lady who is going to live in the barn.  She said "Oh!  Your Red's Momma!"  LOL  yeah...I am Red's Momma.  She said he is NICE and asked if she could exercise him.  I said yes but not to hop him up because I was getting used to riding after a long LONG absence.  She is a barrel racer and thought Red looked pretty darn nice.  And that he does.

My knee is hurting somewhat so hopefully the new stirrups will help!!!

No comments: