Friday, January 30, 2009

A Trip to Teskey's



Barry and I drove up to Weatherford yesterday.  It took us 6 and a half hours to get there.  There was ice in the parking lot of the hotel!  We got up this morning and met Jacque B for coffee at Starbucks and visited with her for awhile.  

After that, we went to Teskeys!!!!!  WOW WEEE did I have fun!!!  I bought a new saddle after trying several.  I also bought a breast strap, new reins, a new headstall, a water bottle for me, spurs for Barry and for me and spur straps.  Barry also got a new belt.  I traded my other Billy Cook saddle for this one - and I got what I paid for it so that was pretty darn terrific!!!  I was happy.  I hope someone buys that saddle and it makes them happy.  

We got home late - we stopped at the stable to get the saddle stand and the Neetsfoot Oil.   I gave him a flake of alfalfa.   I oiled the reins and the spur straps.  The reins will be nice when I get them soft and supple.  

Can't wait to try all of this on Red!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I enjoyed our morning coffee together!!
So glad you had a great time at Teskeys!