Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a beautiful day!!!!

When I got home yesterday my body was HURTING.  I was tired and my knees were killing me.  I took some ibuprofen before I went to bed and I was some kind of tired!  That is a good thing.  
Today Barry and I went out to the stable to ride.  Red was still in his stall which I thought was a little odd!

It was a gorgeous day...in the 60's and clear as a bell.  I brushed him and groomed him some.  Picked up his hoofs and cleaned them out. His back hoof had a rock in it but it didn't seem to be annoying him in any way.  His ground manners are just wonderful.  He will stand as long as you need him to.  

We got him in the arena and Barry wanted him to lunge and Red just looked at him at first until Barry twirled the end of the rope and Red got the message.  I talked to Margaret and she said he was used to lunging in a round pen not the arena but he got the message!!  He lunged him for a little while and then we saddled him up.

I adjusted the stirrups for Barry.  He fits 2 holes below mine.   I got the stirrups set up for him and off he went.  He trotted round and round - he is still bouncing and he looked like he was coming off at one point.  I nearly had a fit.  Last thing I need is Barry to get hurt more.  Anyway, he was able to get Red into a slow lope...and he lopes pretty.  I got on him and went around twice and the wind was blowing a little and my throat dried out.  I will have to ride with a water bottle.  Yesterday I had a coke on the post of the fence - I would grab a sip as I went by.  I got off to get some water and Kelsie ahd arrived and she got on Red and rode round and round.  I got some water out of the fridge in the office.  I will keep water out there so that I can have water when I ride.  

Bridgett came out to ride Image - she has a pretty little canter and holds that head so pretty.  Red's head is held way too low I think.   I got on him and rode round and round at a trot.  LOL  It is so much fun but my body does get tired.  I am not used to it yet but will keep at it til I am.  Red is working hard to do what I want.  I wish I was a better rider - and I do need a saddle that fits.  I flop too much to be comfortable.  

We brushed Red off and let him have a snack of grass.  We were out there for 4 hours and Barry really enjoyed himself.  I think he enjoys Red as much or more than me.  We got a coke and french fries at McDonalds for a snack!

No comments: