Friday, October 29, 2010

Going to Margarets and Sarge chasing cows.

Barry and I hauled the horses up to Margaret's.  I haven't been there since July!  "The Horse" loaded just fine.  He is a good boy and very sweet.

Margaret and Ronnie liked him.  Ronnie said his roach back was nothing.  He said he turns out a little on the front.  I saddled him and got on and rode around the arena with Margaret.  Blue Blazes but it was HOT.  I only rode for 10 minutes because my brain started to bake.  Barry got on Sarge and chased LaMoo around.  Sarge had a fine time chasing cows.  Sarge was in his element - he thinks trail riding is for sissies. 

Ronnie said the bit was wrong for this horse and that is why he tosses his head when I pull the reins.  We moved the reins to the snaffle position and then he really wouldn't back up.  He doesn't know poop from Shineola.  Poor guy.  He just doesn't have a clue as too what you want.

Ronnie insisted on looking in his mouth.  Wow wee - he said it was in bad shape-huge hooks, etc.  He said he needs to be floated and that may help the tossing of the head issues.









I gave the horses a good rinsing while Barry and Ronnie oiled his saddle.  Maybe it will stop that loud rascal!  We loaded up and hauled home.  It was 94 degrees but the horses arrived back at the barn cool and calm.

No comments: