Sunday, February 1, 2009

We go for a trail ride!

Here is Red on the walker. He has had a bath and is fresh and clean.
Barry is scrubbing Red.
Here is Red after the trail ride.

Bruce Jr. said I could borrow his trailer - what a doll!!!  We went Saturday morning to pick up his trailer and then went to the stables to get Red.  He had finished his lesson with the little boy and did wonderful.  I asked James if he enjoyed it but he didn't answer - that is ok though - he enjoyed himself and Red did a good job.  I would like to get a picture of Red with James for the blog.

We loaded Red up - he jumped in like the PRO he is and off we went.  We got up to Margaret's at 12:15.  I took Margaret a chocolate cake as she LOVES chocolate.  Barry and Ronnie saddled Red up to see if the saddle fits him and it does.  Terrific.  We got into the area and I got on.  Saddle is a tiny bit big...it is going back for a 16.  Margaret thought hers was a 17 and that is why I got a 17.  Hers fit!  She got the ruler out and hers in a 16 so this one is going back and Michael Teskey said he would send a new one.  He is a very nice person to do business with.  

Barry and I both rode him around back and forth.  Red was doing just great.  He made me laugh though.  He was really shaking his head today.  I don't think he was thrilled with the bit in his mouth today.  

Margaret was on Easy, Barry was on Butterbean and Ronnie was on Cub.  We went on a trail ride and I had a blast.  Red does way way way better out of the arena.  He really strides out instead of walking so slow with his head down!  His head was held up higher too.  He was more likely to just take off so I was watching him.  I don't want him to think he can just take off!  

Cub skirted way to the left quickly (not a freak out though) when he spotted a deer stand.  Red didn't even look at it twice.  He had a little problem going through water though but he got over it and went through.  We went all over and it was better than sliced bread.  I had so much fun and it was so relaxing.  
Barry had a good time too.  We went back to the barn and Margaret got dinner ready with a little help from me while Barry and Ronnie washed horses.  Barry rode Red again and then we washed Red, too, and put him on the walker.

We got home at 9:00 PM.  We had so much fun...way more than we have had in a long time.  Red is good for me.

No comments: