Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Red gets Shiner Bock Porridge

Saturday & Sunday Red had a porridge of Shiner Bock and Safe Choice feed.  LOL  Saturday he kept looking in the bucket for food - I hadn't put in enough Safe Choice and it was too wet. 

Sunday he was sweating some and I took 2 cups of his Safe Choice and poured the beer over it and let it set.  I took my sweat scraper into his stall to make sure I got out all of the porridge.  He scarfed it up.  Good boy!!!

I went to the barn Monday morning before leaving to go to Louisiana for work.  He was sweating on his neck, chest, head and under his legs.  Not a lot but an appropriate amount.  I talked to Lee Anne about giving a portion of morning and evening feed at lunch with his beer but she said she was going to give him an additional 3 cups at lunch - we will add his beer to that.  I told Edgar and Jamie to give him the beers I set out and they said 2 for Edgar and 2 for Jamie!  They are so sweet.  Red seemed to be doing ok. 

Love my boy.  Hugs to him and had to go.

No comments: