Monday, June 14, 2010

Snakes alive!!

Randy, Kellie, Susan, Barry and I rode in Tyrrell Park today.  We loaded up and hauled to the park arriving around 7:50 AM.  Red was sweating on his neck when we got there and under his legs.  I tacked him up in my new black saddle which I absolutely LOVE.  Fits so much better - I need to lose my hinney to fit in my other Aussie.  I took a gallon of water and dumped on Red's neck, his shoulders, his sides and his rump before we started out.  We went around the park and saw snakes, snakes and more snakes.  Came across a little bed roll with pillows.   Don't know if it were a transient person or a love nest as Kellie said.  LOL It was a fun ride - it was hot, humid and there was a small breeze.

Barry & I just rode around once.  I didn't want to over do.  I wet Red down again and he was pissy about loading up.  Sarge had had a fit loading at the barn.  Wow...they need to stop that baloney.  I popped Red and made him back up quick.  He loaded.  Sarge loaded and off we went.  Got to Hwy 124 and Barry got a call to go to hospice.  We went to the hospice and I dropped him off and hauled the horses back.  What a day.

No comments: