Sunday, June 20, 2010

RED LETTER DAY - I RODE BY MYSELF IN TYRRELL PARK!!

I didn't get out to to the stables as much as I would have liked.  I did go out Wednesday with Barry while Sarge was trimmed by Craig, a little on Thursday and Saturday.  Mary passed away this week so we were busy with family issues.

Sunday was Father's Day and we did some family stuff and Barry went to play pool with the boys and I called Susan to ride.  I hauled out to the barn and got Red out of his stall.  He was breathing heavy to keep cool.  I hosed him off and put him in the trailer and off we went. 

We got to Tyrrell and Susan wasn't feeling well but, bless her little heart, she agreed to stay at the barn til I rode one circuit around on Red by myself!  Woot.  I was excited.  I saddled Red up and got on from the ramp.  He stood like a good boy...he is so sweet.

I started off and he moved kinda slow for a while and then he picked up the pace.  The deer flies were out and I forgot to put spray on him...poor baby.  Red started moving very forward which was great.  I got him into a trot using the kiss my hinney method.  Woot - off he went.  I had to hold him back into a trot - the ground is pretty uneven out there but he was moving forward at a good pace.  He would have gone into a canter in a heart beat had I let him.  We rode the trail in about 35 minutes or so!  Wow - it usually takes an hour.  I used my crop to keep flies off and once he turned his face so I could get the flies off!

I was so excited that I made a solo ride.  How exciting for me to be able to go by myself.  I hosed Red off and loaded him up and returned him to the barn. 

My lesson is at 7:00 AM Tuesday-wow that is early.

No comments: