Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Red will have to go into a stall

Barry and I went out to the barn this afternoon after 6:00 PM.  Poor guy's nostrils were flairing - not bad but he was just standing there. 

I put my hand up under his back leg between his leg and his sheath and he was pretty darn warm.  I went over to Sarge and did the same...LOL  he was a little offended that I got so personal with him!  Red is used to me putting my hands all over him but Sarge not so much.  Sarge had a huge sweat pattern on his back - Red didn't.  Red's shoulder area was much warmer than Sarge's.   In all - he is not handling the heat well. 

I will have to put him in a stall for the summer.  I just can't see in way around it.  If they had electricity out there I could just put a fan up but there isn't.  I am going to the barn first thing in the morning to pay for their board and to discuss options with Lee Anne.  Sigh...poor boy.

No comments: