Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Red is a big ol' stress reliever - I love my boy

Yesterday was a rough day.  I called Susan at 5:00 PM and asked her if she wanted to ride.  She said she would love to, so I hitched up the trailer which was already loaded with tack, drove out to the barn, loaded Red up and took off!!!  His neck was sweating when we got there which was good.  I tacked him up and we went for a ride.  We took off around 6:15.  We rode around the "forest" with Red moving slower than Christmas.  LOL  he doesn't like to lead out.  He is learning.  Dulce was very good...she is such a sassy girl!

After completing one round we kept going.  It was much too nice to stop!!!  We rode around to the "love nest" that is still there and turned around.  Got back to the barn cut off and kept going in the other direction.  All in all we rode 90 minutes.  It was just fabulous.  I had such a good time.  I needed it after all the stresses that I was hit with.

Red was sweating some - and I poured a gallon of water over him.  When I got back to the barn, I hosed him off and gave him his alfalfa.  He was a happy boy and I felt better.  The issues are still there but Red earned his keep yesterday - Mr. Stress Reliever is a big comfort!

No comments: