Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Red is not Sweating as good as I would like

I rode Monday evening in the arena.  Red and I worked on his transitions in circles on the corners of the arena.  He did a great job.  It was starting to sprinkle when we got out of the arena and the was POURING buckets while we stood on the wash rack.  I had to move Red to the middle because he didn't really care for the water splashing in his face when he was tied in the corner. 

Tuesday morning I got out to the barn at 6:25 AM.  That is EARLY.  Got Red saddled and was riding at 6:53.  He was sluggish and not interested in working.  Esther arrived and she noted he was breathing heavy - we had just been walking and a little jogging.  We worked on transitions and then worked over poles.  Red is extremely trainable.  He is a good boy.  I got off and there was just a little sweat under his saddle.  Poor guy.  I am doing everything I can to make him comfortable.

No comments: