Saturday, March 30, 2013

Galloping Biscuit

Kellie and I planned a ride at Tyrrell Park.  I went to get Biscuit at 9:30.  OMG he kept running from me.  Jogging/trotting/cantering/galloping around me until he was a huge sweatball.  I kept walking around trying to get him to let me catch him.  He wasn't having any of it.  Tail was flagging - lots of  snorting.  Sarge was totally ignoring Biscuit's pleas for him to join in.  Sarge just kept on grazing.

I went back to the trail and got treats.  He cantered up to me to get treats and then haul hinney when I tried to put his halter on him.  I was getting so tired.  I can do that anymore.  I went back to the RAV, raised the ramp and went up to the barn and asked Edgar to help.  He is such a doll.  We got out there with feed - now Sarge was interested in that!! and we basically kept flanking him until he finally let me catch him.  What was up with that crap?  It took me an hour and 15 minutes to catch him.  He trotted all the way to the barn after all of this.  I rinsed him off because he was NASTY.  I loaded up Barry's Billy Cook saddle and took off.

I got him tacked up which was a little hard.  The Billy Cook is heavier than the Allegany.  Kellie held Biscuit while I got on.  I had raised my stirrups.   We took off through the woods.  All dried up on the right side.  We went over the pallets and out onto the bayou.  We saw lots of alligators sunning themselves.  We went all the way to the back.  Biscuit was being an angel.  We got out to the point at Hildebrandt Bayou and Biscuit shook his head like a crazy man.  His reins flipped OVER his head.  Kellie helped me get them back over his head.  We could hear a boat coming and my left rein came off of the bit!!!  OMG  it has S clamp thingies to hold it on.  Kellie hooked it back up.

We started back on the trail and passed The Nursery - it was FULL of little bitty alligators - the 8" variety.  We didn't hang around to see Momma!!  We didn't see any hogs...a few tracks but no hogs. 

We came back up the other side of the bog and did some trotting.  I didn't have trouble sitting in that seat and trotting.  We crossed the bridge and did a little trotting coming up the bayou.  Into the woods and to the right....some muddy/standing water places.  We did some trotting.  Got to the right of ways and there is a huge pipe sitting up there but there was a break in it so we crossed the mats and had to actually ride on them a ways.  I heard something like water sloshing in your gut and thought it was Biscuit.  It was the matts!!  We crossed over to the trails and headed around trotting quiet a bit.  No losing my BALANCE!!!  WOOT!!!!

Kellie held Biscuit so I could dismount.  It is hard to bring this leg around.  I took his tack off and hosed him off.  He was filthy.  I went to get in my RAV after closing the gate behind me and OMG I twisted WRONG and was lit up like nobodies business.  I nearly fell and I was half in and half out of the car.  The shock was painful and hit my left side and down the center to my bladder/bowels.  Ugh....Made me feel horrible.  Hopefully that will all be gone soon!!!!


No comments: