Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Rasped Feet

I went to the barn this morning and Miss Jean was out there.  Cydaboo was saddled.  She had sent her off to be trained for the great grandkids.   Cydaboo is 18 and was broke I think years ago but never really ridden.

I was talking to Miss Jean and Lee Ann and I asked her about Legato.  She said yes that she started her on Marquis. The tests aren't back but she is wobbly and didn't even feel a hymostat Doc put on her back leg.  I hugged Lee Ann.  I hope Legato will be alright.  I told her about the rebate on the Marquis paste and that I would send her a link.  She said that Doc will be at the Barn Thursday at 7:00 to talk to the boarders about EPM and what to look for.

I went down the ranch road with Lee Ann and Miss Jean on the Kabota and picked up Biscuit.  He looked at me a little funny but came to me anyway.  We went back up to the ranch on the Kabota with Lee Ann holding Biscuit.  She got him to trot up there.

I hosed him off and worked on his feet.  OMG I had sweat popping out all over me.  Lee Ann had gone in for lunch so I got all of his feet done.  Not happy with the farrier work.  His toes are long.  I worked at pulling them back.  Hosed off the washrack and picked up the stallion poop...he is the one Debbie left at the barn.

I gave Biscuit cookies with 2cc's of DEX and then extra cookies.  He is such a good boy.  I took him back to his pasture driving the RAV4.

I went home and Lee Ann called and asked about what I said about Biscuit being brighter in the eyes in a 3 or 4 days.  She said she just went and got Legato and she looked a little brighter.  That is wonderful.  We discussed EPM and the range of issues it covers.

I will be going Thursday evening and bringing chocolate cake.  Doc, Lee Ann, The McFaddin's and Jamie love chocolate cake so I will bring some desserts and little plates.   While this isn't a party, of course, it will be a nice time to get to know some of the new borders.  I am just going to make bundt cakes as it is way easier.


No comments: