Friday, August 2, 2019

Thursday Meds and hooves are trimmed

Lee Ann P. texted and said Craig was at the ranch.  I got up from my chair and got ready and ran a few errands.  I got some Nicker Makers to give to Biscuit and got to the barn around 11:30.  I went down to the pasture and lo and behold!!  Biscuit came in and I let him lick the HorsLic for a few minutes and then haltered him and took him up to the wash rack.   He put himself into a trot on the way up - he coughed one time.  I will have to keep a watch on that and start his Dex if he needs it but I will have to consult with Doc before I do that.  He may have to go up in the arena with a fan on him.   I tied him in the arena til Craig was ready.  I got him some grain and added in his Marquis for a mid-day snack.  When he was ready I cleaned the sand out of Biscuit's feet.

Craig did his feet and I asked him if he felt any weakness in his back end and he said no.  Good Biscuit!!

I hosed him off.  Lee Ann suggested I wash his legs in Skin So Soft with water to keep the mosquitoes and flies away.  So I did that. Biscuit had a longish 3" or so raised spot on his neck on the left side.  I am assuming from insects. 

I stayed with Craig until he was done with Anika.  She is very difficult to shoe and he was putting on 4 shoes.  I told him he needs to tranquilize her as she is dangerous! 

Biscuit seems to be doing well. Can't wait til my boy is healed and better - we are going trail riding in November and December over in Louisiana if I can!


No comments: